COPEL —28 years of history in early childhood education
There is growing interest in the importance of early childhood education up to the age of six worldwide. Waiting for the public compulsory education to lower the starting age can take a long time, so why not start giving education to the children, who will bear the future of your country, yourself?
The results of 30-40 years of study from the 1970s has clearly shown that education up to the age of 6 influences the rest of life. A paper that was published by James J. Heckman, who won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2000, has captured a lot of attention.
Characteristics from the customer’s point of view:
- “The teachers carry out a programme that continues to captivate infant’s interest every minute in the hour-long class.”
- “The class is like an entertainment show for the children.”
- “Even children who are restless at home can be concentrated in this programme.”
- “The teachers give parents guidance on how to give education to their children and how to communicate with them at home.”
- “Since joining the class, children began to work hard towards their goal.”
Characteristics of the business
- Children from the age of 0 can be subjected to this education programme. There is a method that is commonly used worldwide as the base of education to give stimulation to infants’ brain growth. Copel is in compliance with the method.
- It is said that infants can only focus on things for “their age + 1” minutes.
Infants need a programme that they can stay interested in every minute, and they are not interested in the same things. That’s why Copel has developed 2000 different types of teaching materials.
- The Japanese teaching materials will be edited and translated according to the lifestyle and language of each country.
- Copel has its unique teacher training method.
- A large part of the initial investment will be spent on editing and translating the teaching materials and the teacher training.
- You might be eligible for public funds depending on the government. For instance, in Japan, ①the Japanese government pays the full tuition fees for education programmes for infants with autism and developmental disabilities ② the Japanese government covers 16,000 yen per month for all early childhood education.
- Initial investment cost: please ask for more information
- Number of managers required: min. 1
- Number of staff required: min. 6
- Size of the school:80㎡-150㎡
Copel Co., Ltd.
- Number of directly managed schools: 100
- Number of FC schools: over 200
- Overseas location: China
Make the world a better place through education
To help people grow and raise consciousness
To move towards a society that embraces
activating the entire brain.
To realize a more peaceful world that is full of joy and love.
Copel Work Ethic
I want to make people around me happy.
Doing things out of joy leads to fulfilling work.
Necessity of the early childhood education
In a short 36 months, children develop their abilities to think and speak, learn and reason and lay the foundation for their values and social bahaviour as adults.
It’s said that the brain is 100% developed by the age of 12, and its capabilities are determined by the age of 6.
What is happening inside the human brain?
Children will reach their full potential if the connection between the right and left-brain are triggered and strengthened.
At Copel, we want every child to reach their full potential and succeed. Our programs focus on activating the entire brain.
When are connections made?
Connections are made in the brain when a child is fully engaged in an activity. It is said that the attention span of a child depends on their age. Most times it lasts the number of minutes of their age plus 1 more minute.
For example, a 3 year old would have an attention span of about 4 minutes. It seems as though children during early childhood are easily distracted. However they actually pay attention to many things. The young mind is constantly tuning into things and then saying, “I understand this, what is next?” They are highly attentive, almost to an excessive level.
Key Factor for success of Early Childhood Education Program
To make connections, we have researched and brushed up
High Quality and Volume of Learning Resources
Supervision and Training of Instructors
for 25 years. These two are our 「Differentiating services」
Early childhood education focuses long term on children between 0 through 12 years of age. Offering high quality services will lead to customer retention and letting the business grow steadily over a period of time. Satisfied customers can be expected to spread our services through word of mouth.
However, early childhood education is more complicated compared to secondary and higher education. The programs need to be fun and captivating, so that children can enjoy learning.
To realize a unique early childhood education program of high quality, it is vital for instructors to receive thorough training and supervision, so they are able to offer high levels of instruction and services.
Points that Differentiate Copel
Copel provides learning resources and curriculum for 6 years’ worth of lessons (42 lessons per year for 6 years) for students between 0 to 6 years of age. Materials assisting lessons are used for short periods to keep the children engaged with the lesson. A one-hour lesson utilizes more than a dozen different materials.
The amount of learning resources we provide is incomparable with other early childhood education programs.
■ We Never Stop Developing!
Learning resources are developed over a 3-month cycle. Researchers test and improve developing materials with students to see what captivates and motivates them the most. A total of 360,000 researchers and staff have been involved in our research and development of learning resources.
■ High Standard of Quality
Copel provides high quality learning resources, programs and manuals (includes 500 videos of lessons) and a structured system for instructor training to ensure that all learning centers provide the same high level of instruction and customer service.
We have over 2,000 kinds of learning materials. Resources cover six years’ worth of lessons or 42 weekly lessons per year. Also, we have videos and activity instructions used to enhance classroom materials.